Zip Line Operator
The Park Monitor is responsible for overseeing/assisting with, the safety and satisfaction of the customers’ needs while at the Aerial Park.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Park Monitor is responsible for:
- Working with the Staff team to exceed guest expectations;
- Ensuring exemplary adherence to risk-management practices for all Course facilities;
- Maintaining awareness and response to regulatory and community issues;
Required Skills and Attributes
The Park Monitor must possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Exceptional people-management experience in a 10+ team member environment.
- Previous success leading a team to deliver excellent guest service.
- Experience creating and managing sales and marketing initiatives.
- Knowledge and experience in hospitality and/or recreation industries.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and competing priorities.
- Knowledge and experience in delivering excellent employee training, as well as mentoring and leadership skills.
- Strong technical understanding, as well as the ability to work with standard MS Office applications and business applications.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Openness to giving and receiving feedback.
- Consistently positive attitude.
- Ability to problem solve and find creative solutions.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
It is desired that the Park Monitor possesses the following qualifications and skills:
- Formal education in either business or recreation management or and marketing;
- Ability to communicate well in standard business English; including written communication.
- Working in a high pace work environment.
*Must be able to lift 20lbs.
Sitting, standing for at least 8 hour shift or more.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers.
Must be able to do routine math calculations necessary for preparing final bill, accepting payments, processing credit cards, or making change.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
The Park Monitor reports to the Manager of Operations and Company Owner.
The Park Monitor works a flexible work schedule according to the needs of the business. Hours include working both evenings and weekends when appropriate and beneficial to job responsibilities.
Measurements of Effectiveness
The Park Monitor effectiveness will be annually assessed by using the following measures:
External Feedback: from customers and group contacts, to determine how well the Park Monitor met their expectations and the value realized from their experience at the Aerial Park.
Internal Feedback: from other employees, Park Monitors, Manager of Operations, and Owner to determine the level of staff and client satisfaction.
* Competitive pay
* Variety Health Benefits
* 401K plan
* Employee discounts and Incentives
* Employee of the Month/Year
* Friendly work environment
* Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 65 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.