** Specifically looking for Friday and Saturday PM shifts, Sunday AM shift, and mostly PM shifts during week.
Empowered to provide a positive impression to guest at the property; giving the guests and clients of Chula Vista the highest level of satisfaction throughout their stay. The Waterpark Maintenance Technician will fulfill the related goals and objectives of the resort while displaying hospitality and professionalism at all times taking pride in representing Chula Vista Resort.
Essential Job Functions:
* Repairs and work orders for the waterpark.
* Assist with some grounds and building maintenance.
* Respond and perform duties in a timely and efficient manner.
* Knowledge of safety requirements is a MUST.
* Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company associates to foster and promote a positive working environment.
* Display a calm and attentive approach in solving problems and handling difficult situation, collecting information and sincerely helping to resolve them.
* Determine, communicate, and monitor personal and department achievements and performance standards on a daily basis.
Required- High School Diploma
Required- 1 year progressive waterpark/resort maintenance experience.
Preferred- Experience as a CPO (Certified Pool/Spa Operator).
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Any generalist skills in the following areas are also helpful for this position: carpentry, painting, drywall repair, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, pool and water quality maintenance. The ability to work with other people effectively and with other staff positions is important. Must be trainable and take instruction to learn position, and work well without constant supervision. Have a good attitude toward job as well as guests.
*Must be in good physical condition.
*Must be able to lift and carry at least 50lbs without restrictions.
Sitting, standing for an extended period of time.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers.
Must be able to do routine math calculations.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
* Competitive pay
* Variety Health Benefits
* 401K plan
* Employee discounts
* Friendly work environment
* Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 50 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.