Empowered to provide a positive experience and memory to guest while dining at Kaminski’s Chop House. Sauté Cook will fulfill the related goals and objectives of the resort while displaying hospitality and professionalism at all times taking pride in representing Chula Vista Resort.
Essential Job Functions:
- Daily inventory & stocking.
- Executing Chop House menu items in a consistent & timely manner.
- Respond to special requests or guest needs in a positive & timely manner.
- Follow food safety & sanitation guidelines.
- High standards of product quality & consistency are expected.
- Create the highest guest satisfaction possible by having a clean, organized, well stocked work area.
- Perform and complete other assigned duties.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company associates to foster and promote a positive working environment.
- Display a calm and attentive approach in solving problems and handling difficult situation, collecting information and sincerely helping to resolve them.
- Determine, communicate, and monitor personal and department achievements and performance standards on a daily basis.
**Culinary degree desired but not required.
3 years comparable restaurant experience as a line cook.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Above average communication & organizational skills are a must. Large volume experience is also necessary as well as being able to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Punctuality and the ability to communicate orders effectively, motivate coworkers, and act as kitchen spokesman to FOH during peak volume. Experience working a sauté station and good knife skills.
*Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
Standing on feet up to 8 hours without break.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers.
Must be able to do routine math calculations.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
- Competitive pay
- Variety Health Benefits
- 401K plan
- Employee discounts and Incentives
- Employee of the Month/Year
- Friendly work environment
- Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 65 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.