Safety & Security Officer
Great training opportunity for advancement in Law Enforcement or similar fields.
Safety & Security Officer’s are here to make Chula Vista Resort safe and secure at all times and to protect our guests and employees. Safety & Security Officer’s will fulfill the related goals and objectives of the resort while displaying hospitality and professionalism at all times taking pride in representing Chula Vista Resort.
Essential Job Functions:
- Patrol of entire Resort and all properties.
- Checking and securing all required doors, windows, and property of the Resort and our guests, including parking lots and vehicles in those lots.
- Investigation of complaints and injuries from guests as well as employees.
- Surveillance of Resort by using Resort surveillance camera system.
- Report writing and keeping of patrol logs.
- Working closely with law enforcement, fire and EMS on issues as they arise.
- Continually checking for safety issues and OSHA requirements to be sure we are in compliance.
- Enforcement of all Resort policies and procedures for all employees and guests.
- Provide accurate information and a prompt answer to any questions the guest may have about the resort and local area.
- Perform and complete other assigned duties.
- Display a calm and attentive approach in solving problems and handling difficult situation, collecting information and sincerely helping to resolve them.
- Determine, communicate, and monitor personal and department achievements and performance standards on a daily basis.
**Must have valid Driver License and good driving record.
Required- High School Diploma
Preferred- Prior law enforcement, security, EMS, fire and safety, or military.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Knowledge of all facets of the Resort including guest relations, as they apply to Chula Vista Resort, is required. Must be able to think creatively regarding the needs of the resort and solve problems or seize opportunities as they occur. Must be able to clearly define objectives.
*Must be in good physical condition. **Able to lift minimum of 50 lbs.
Sitting, standing for an extended period of time.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
- Competitive pay
- Variety Health Benefits
- 401K plan
- Employee discounts
- Associate of the Month *Associate of the Year
- Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 65 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.