**This is a full time position-must be able to work first and second shift with availability during the week as well as on weekends and holidays.
The Restaurant Manager will oversee that personnel is creating and promoting a positive, lasting impression to all guests. Oversee the overall operation and administration of Kilbourn City Grill and Market Fresh To Go. The Restaurant Manager will provide direct support administratively and operationally for the Director of Food and Beverage.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with your direct report and peripheral departments to develop and coordinate the training, hiring, and operational strategies, for each area of your responsibility and to achieve each areas stated goals and objectives.
- Develop the methods for training employees and create training support documentation. Work with those supervisors and employees to implement the training methods and procedures.
- Work through supervisors reporting to this position, maintain the operational effectiveness of the departmental operations, while delivering superior quality and service at all times.
- Develop and coordinate purchasing departmental supplies and participate in volume buying decisions.
- Make decisions in a timely manner, demonstrate good judgment in investigating and solving problems, and safeguard confidential information.
- Recognize both the strengths and the areas that need development in the operational areas of responsibility; taking action to augment the one and to offset or correct the other.
- Create the highest guest satisfaction possible by insuring you and subordinates provide prompt friendly and quality service while having complete knowledge of areas of your operation.
Required- High School Diploma
Preferred- Bachelors Degree in Hospitality
Required- 2 years of Management Experience in Related Field.
Preferred- 5 years of Management Experience in Related Field.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Knowledge of all facets of hotel including guest relations, as they apply to Chula Vista Resort, is required. The ability to work with other people effectively in a staff position is important. Must have the ability to think creatively regarding the needs of the resort and solve problems or seize opportunities as they occur. Essential to have the ability to clearly define objectives, knowledge of training methods and procedures, and the ability to implement them.
Sitting, standing for extended lengths of time.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers.
Must be able to do routine arithmetic calculations necessary for pricing, margins, and costs. Must have the ability to prepare budgets and interpret financial operating statements.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
- Competitive pay
- Variety Health Benefits
- 401K plan
- Employee discounts and Incentives
- Employee of the Month/Year
- Friendly work environment
- Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 65 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.