Lead Line Cook
**This is a full time position. Must be able to work second shift with availability during the week as well as on weekends and holidays.
Empowered to provide a positive experience and memory to guest while dining at The Kilbourne City Grill; giving the guests and clients of Chula Vista Resort the highest level of satisfaction during their stay. Lead Line Supervisor will fulfill the related goals and objectives of the resort while displaying hospitality and professionalism at all times taking pride in representing Chula Vista Resort.
Essential Job Functions:
- Produces and maintains production lists for The Kilbourne City Grill menu.
- Prepares and oversees the production of a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and other food items for cooking in broiler, ovens, grills, fryers, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Prepares and oversees the preparation of items for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Maintain food safety and sanitation procedures according to Health Department standards.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Assists the Executive Chef in hiring, scheduling, promotion, discipline, and dismissal of kitchen associates.
- Support the Executive Chef in menu creation and specials for all venues and special events serviced from the main kitchen.
- Display a calm and attentive approach in solving problems and handling difficult situation, collecting information and sincerely helping to resolve them.
- Determine, communicate, and monitor personal and department achievements and performance standards on a daily basis.
*Servsafe certification required
Required- 2 year Culinary Degree or congruent experience required
Preferred- 2-5 years culinary experience in high volume restaurant or resort
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel. The ability to work with other people effectively and with other staff positions is important. Be able to take and give direction. Have a good attitude toward job as well as guests. Ability to work well under pressure.
*Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 40lbs.
Sitting, standing for an extended period of time. Must have stamina and ability to work 8 to 12 hour shifts. 90% of work time is standing.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers.
***Fast paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment with temperatures regularly over 90 degrees. ***
Must be able to do routine math calculations.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
- Competitive pay
- Variety Health Benefits
- 401K plan
- Employee discounts
- Friendly work environment
- Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 50 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.