KCG Restaurant Chef
The Restaurant Chef contributes to the success of the Restaurant, through the direction and control of the kitchen operations to ensure a positive guest experience and company profitability. The Restaurant Chef’s responsibility is to direct the kitchen operation to maintain the highest standards of food quality and to ensure that cleanliness, safety and sanitation standards are being met by directing and supervising kitchen staff members.
Reporting Relationship: The Restaurant Chef reports to the Executive Chef.
- Maintain Controls
- Manage Staff
- Advocate a Team Environment
- Manage Personal Development
- Maintain food safety and sanitation procedures according to Health department standards.
High Quality Operation
- Ensure the production of high quality foods on a consistent basis.
- Direct kitchen activities and performance of heart of the house members on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Ensure positive Guest experience by monitoring and ensuring timely delivery of food product.
- Follow standardized recipes, preparation, portioning, and presentation procedures.
- Maintain organized kitchen, dish, and storage areas.
- Maintain and inspect food receiving, preparation, production, and storage areas to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times. Correct unsafe practices or conditions.
- Supervise cleaning and maintenance of equipment and arrange for repairs through e-mail communication
- Maintain and control kitchen assets.
- Monitor restaurant’s on-hand inventory for waste and theft.
- Complete daily paperwork and projects on a timely basis.
- Control operating costs by instituting awareness through the kitchen.
- Ensure quality recruiting, hiring, and training of heart of the house members.
- Create positive relationships with staff and managers by treating all members with respect.
- Minimize turnover by responding to and resolving heart of the house member issues.
- Support and practice an open door policy.
- Assure compliance with company policies, practices and procedures; communicate changes. Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and guidelines.
Advocate a Team Environment
- Display, encourage, and inspire high morale and motivation in the Kitchen.
- Show daily attention, participation and sensitivity needed to establish credibility and promote unity in the team.
- Respond to team conflicts professionally and work towards positive resolutions.
- Set a good example through attitude, involvement, and positive influence.
- Ensure Kitchen is staffed to avoid work load and poor morale issues.
- Report employee relation issues of a sensitive nature to the Executive Chef.
Manage Personal Development
- Provide effective leadership.
- Demonstrate organizational skills. Complete assignments and duties on time.
- Maintain a pleasant, positive, and professional attitude in the eyes of staff, management team, and Guests.
- Exhibit a neat and clean appearance consistent with a professional image.
- Execute company programs and decisions with support and commitment.
Restaurant Chef Qualifications:
- Professional oral and written communication skills. Must be able to speak, read, write in English and understand the primary language of the restaurant.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Work well under pressure, and effectively solve problems
- Able to take and give direction and be flexible as needs dictate
- Work well with other people in a team environment.
- Excellent attendance is required with schedule flexibility determined by business needs.
- Two (2) year associate’s degree or a bachelor’s degree from a four (4) year college (desirable).
- Culinary degree desired but not a requirement.
- Minimum of Two (2) years prior experience as a Kitchen Manager for a full service, high volume restaurant.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must have the stamina and ability to work 40 to 50 hours a week. Must be able to occasionally work more than a 60 hour work week during short management staff situations.
- Must be able to spend 90% of working time standing.
- Must be able to spend 10% of working time sitting.
- Will be required to use all sensory capabilities such as: vision, hearing, tasting, smelling, touching, and speaking.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities such as: walking, bending, kneeling, handling, hand flexibility, reaching, squatting, crawling, lifting, climbing, and stooping.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds, and be able to transport up to 70 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction.
- Must be able to see to 20/20 vision with correction.
- Travel may be required for occasional deliveries, visits to other locations, or company meetings.
- Competitive pay
- Variety Health Benefits
- 401K plan
- Employee discounts and Incentives
- Friendly work environment
- Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 50 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.