Office Assistant/J1 Activities Associate
**This is a full time first shift seasonal hourly position ( May to August)
The basic function of the Human Resources Intern position is to assist and complete the daily tasks and duties directed by the Human Resources Director. In addition, establish and maintain clear and simple lines of communication among all departments. Provide assistance in achieving the goals and objectives of the Company, Chula Vista Resort.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with new employee orientation as well as communicating all changes to the employee handbook.
- Audit employee file for accuracy and help prepare for any additional audits.
- Be available to answer questions, provide training, give assistance, and monitor staff performance.
- Assist with administration of the international student and housing program.
- Assist with shuttle service program.
- Safeguard and protect all company assets in your care and the confidentiality of company and employee information.
- Make decisions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate good judgment in investigating and solving problems.
- Assist with cleaning of employee housing.
Required- High School Diploma
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Knowledge of recruitment, orientations, and benefit administration as they apply to Chula Vista Resort. Must have the ability to think creatively regarding the needs of the resort and solve problems or seize opportunities as they occur. The knowledge of training methods and procedures and the ability to implement them are essential.
Sitting, standing for extended lengths of time.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers.
Must be able to do routine arithmetic calculations. Proficient computer skills in, but not limited to Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Must have exceptional communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, conduct presentations, communicate clearly and concisely to staff and management one on one, in small groups, or large situations.
- Competitive pay
- Variety Health Benefits
- 401K plan
- Employee discounts and Incentives
- Employee of the Month/Year
- Friendly work environment
- Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 65 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.