Golf Outside Operations
Empowered to provide a positive impression to guest at the property; giving the guests and clients of Chula Vista the highest level of satisfaction throughout their stay. Golf Operations will fulfill the related goals and objectives of the resort while displaying hospitality and professionalism at all times taking pride in representing Chula Vista Resort.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for appearance and cleanliness and staging of golf carts, golf cart storage area and bag room.
- Prepare carts for play; assist guests with clubs and with outing setup.
- Respond and perform duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitor guests and staff in and around work areas to help prevent injuries and to ensure site safety.
- Assist course rangers, pro shop staff and tournament coordinators.
- Support with daily golf operations as directed by Manager/Director.
- Attend resort and department meetings, workshops, in service training, etc… for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company associates to foster and promote a positive working environment.
- Display a calm and attentive approach in solving problems and handling difficult situation, collecting information and sincerely helping to resolve them.
- Determine, communicate, and monitor personal and department achievements and performance standards on a daily basis.
Required- High School Diploma
Preferred not required- 2 years resort golf experience
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
** Valid Driver’s License. Skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job, operation of equipment, and adhere to safety practices. Candidates must be able to work under limited supervision and in outdoor environments with adverse weather conditions or inclement weather. Must be trainable and take instruction to learn position, and work well without constant supervision.
*Must be in good physical condition.
*Must be able to lift and carry minimum of 50lbs.
Sitting, standing for an extended period of time.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers. A lot of bending movement.
Must be able to do routine math calculations.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
- Competitive pay
- Variety Health Benefits
- 401K plan
- Employee discounts and incentives
- Employee of the Month *Year
- Friendly work environment
- Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 65 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.