Empowered to provide a positive impression to the guests of Cold Water Canyon Golf Course. Groundskeeper will fulfill the related goals and objectives of the golf course and resort while displaying hospitality and professionalism at all times taking pride in representing Chula Vista Resort.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform a variety of tasks to keep the property attractive and in safe condition.
- Operate light powered equipment in the maintenance of golf course putting greens, tees, fairways, and roughs.
- Grade and prepare a soil plant bed, lay sod, and plant vegetative materials.
- Seed and irrigate putting greens, tees, fairways, and roughs.
- Trim trees, prune and cultivate shrubbery, and remove fallen leaves.
- Safeguard grounds keeping equipment to ensure safe operating condition and availability.
- Monitor guests and staff in and around work areas to help prevent injuries and to ensure site safety.
- Attend resort and department meetings, workshops, in service training, etc… for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Knowledge of safety requirements is a MUST- operates within OSHA standards and company safety policies at all times. PPE-Personal Protective Equipment must be worn while performing certain tasks.
- Display a calm and attentive approach in solving problems and handling difficult situation, collecting information and sincerely helping to resolve them.
- Determine, communicate, and monitor personal and department achievements and performance standards on a daily basis.
Preferred- 1 year golf course grounds experience
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job, operation of equipment, and adhere to safety practices. Candidates must be able to work under limited supervision and in outdoor environments with adverse weather conditions or inclement weather.
*Must be in good physical condition.
*Must be able to lift and carry minimum of 50lbs.
Sitting, standing for an extended period of time.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers. A lot of bending movement.
Must be able to do routine math calculations.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
- Competitive pay
- Variety Health Benefits
- 401K plan
- Employee discounts and Incentives
- Employee of the Month/Year
- Friendly work environment
- Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 65 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.