Front Desk Manager
**This is a full time position-must be able to work first and second shift with availability during the week as well as on weekends and holidays.
The Front Desk Manager will oversee that all front desk and PBX personnel are creating and promoting a positive, lasting first impression to all arriving guests, and provide accurate information for all guest queries while maintaining a friendly, relaxing atmosphere form arrival to the time of departure. The Guest Services Manager will provide direct support administratively and operationally for the Director of Operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Working with your direct report and peripheral departments to develop and coordinate the training, hiring, and operational strategies for each area of your responsibility and to achieve each areas stated goals and objectives.
- Create the highest guest satisfaction possible by insuring prompt, friendly, quality, and knowledgeable service when speaking and providing services to our guests. Help all guest service associates to have the correct information at all times.
- Working through supervisors reporting to this position, maintaining the operational effectiveness of the departmental operations, while delivering superior quality and services at all times.
- Safeguard and protect all company assets as well as the confidentiality of guests, company and employee information.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company associates to foster and promote a positive working environment.
- Display a calm and attentive approach in solving problems and handling difficult situation, collecting information and sincerely helping to resolve them.
- Recognize both the strengths and the areas that need development in the operational areas of responsibility; taking action to augment the one and to offset or correct the other.
- Determine, communicate, and monitor personal and department achievements and performance standards on a daily basis.
Required- High School Diploma
Preferred- Bachelors Degree in Hospitality
Required- 2 years of Management Experience in Related Field.
Preferred- 5 years of Management Experience in Related Field.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Knowledge of all facets of hotel including guest relations, as they apply to Chula Vista Resort, is required. The ability to work with other people effectively in a staff position is important. Must have the ability to think creatively regarding the needs of the resort and solve problems or seize opportunities as they occur. Essential to have the ability to clearly define objectives, knowledge of training methods and procedures, and the ability to implement them.
Sitting, standing for extended lengths of time.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers.
Must be able to do routine arithmetic calculations necessary for pricing, margins, and costs. Must have the ability to prepare budgets and interpret financial operating statements.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
- Competitive pay
- Variety Health Benefits
- 401K plan
- Employee discounts and Incentives
- Employee of the Month/Year
- Friendly work environment
- Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 65 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.