Food & Beverage Supervisor
**This is a full time position-must be able to work first and second shift with availability during the week as well as on weekends and holidays.
The Food & Beverage Supervisor will oversee that personnel is creating and promoting a positive, lasting impression to all guests. Supervisor will work daily with training, coaching, and developing staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Overlook daily operations, opening, closing, daily reports, training new staff and keeping all staff motivated and on task.
- Maintain restaurant inventory, cleanliness, food rotation, and menu consistency.
- Ensure proper maintenance, cleaning and operation of the restaurant and service equipment. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work with management to implement the training methods and procedures.
- Make decisions in a timely manner; demonstrate good judgment in investigating and solving problems, and safeguard confidential information.
- Recognize both the strengths and the areas that need development in the operational areas of responsibility; taking action to augment the one and to offset or correct the other.
- Create the highest guest satisfaction possible by insuring you and subordinates provide prompt friendly and quality service while having complete knowledge of areas of your operation.
Required- High School Diploma
Preferred- 2 years of Supervisor experience in related field
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Looking for supervisors with excellent time management, communication and training skills. Candidate must be able to multi task in a busy resort atmosphere; be energetic, dependable, guest oriented and a creative team player. Knowledge of all facets of hotel including guest relations, as they apply to Chula Vista Resort, is required. Must have the ability to think creatively regarding the needs of the resort and solve problems or seize opportunities as they occur.
**Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
**Must be in good physical condition.
Sitting, standing for extended lengths of time.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers.
Must be able to do routine math calculations.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
- Competitive pay
- Variety Health Benefits
- 401K plan
- Employee discounts and Incentives
- Employee of the Month/Year
- Friendly work environment
- Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 65 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.