***Wednesday through Sunday shift 6am to 2:30pm***
Chula Vista is looking for an energetic, responsible person to join our floor care team.
- Floor care technicians are responsible for the overall floor maintenance of hard surface and carpet (vacuuming, shampooing, extraction, tile scrubbing) of areas that include offices, Guest rooms, corridors, lobbies, entrances, stairwells, meeting space, and other public areas such as dining rooms.
- Performs these activities within well established guidelines and assigned areas to ensure that quality standards, safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
- The floor technician is responsible for satisfactory and timely completion of assigned cleaning area according to schedule.
- Reports equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Is responsible for the safe and proper mixing and use of cleaning solutions and adheres to all safety precautions
- Maintaining compliance with all legal requirements, codes, cleanliness and sanitation standards.
- Represents Chula Vista Resort in a positive manner; is able to follow oral instructions, is pleasant, tactful and courteous and cooperative with supervisor, co-workers, and guests.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 1 ½ years’ experience in floor care preferred, but on-site training is provided.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to be at work on time.
- Maintaining a cooperative working relationship with guests and entire staff.
- Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
- Knowledge of how to vacuum, shampoo, and extract carpeted floors, and scrub tile floors with minimal to no assistance upon completion of initial training period.
- Must be able to accomplish all responsibilities with minimal supervision or other employee assistance after the training period is completed.
- Must be able to fully understand and complete all In-Services.
- Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50lbs without restrictions.
Sitting, standing for an extended period of time, walking, bending, and kneeling.
- Competitive pay
- Variety Health Benefits
- 401K plan
- Employee discounts and Incentives
- Employee of the Month/Year
- Friendly work environment
- Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 65 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.