The Banquet Manager will oversee all banquet personnel are creating and promoting a positive, lasting impression to all guests, and provide exceptional service for all while maintaining a friendly, relaxing atmosphere. Plan, coordinate, monitor, operate and measure the set up and tear down, operations and maintenance of function space for the company in achievement of the stated goals and objectives of the guests.
Essential Job Functions:
- Working with Catering and the Food & Beverage Director to develop and coordinate the training, hiring, & operational strategies, for each food and beverage location and to achieve each of the individual locations stated goals and objectives.
- Set and ensure compliance with, standards of quality for all products and services offered by this department and all positions reporting to the Banquet Manager. All standards will be consistent with the goals and objectives already established by the resort as a whole.
- Manage the budgets and operational objectives consistent with the goals and objectives developed for each of the locations responsible for.
- Develop and implement the methods and procedures for training employees.
- Consistently show the ability to recognize and deal with priorities. Meet deadlines for time‑sensitive activities.
- Create the highest guest satisfaction possible by insuring you and subordinates provide prompt friendly and quality service.
Required- 1 to 3 years experience in hotel food and beverage operations with at least 2 years in Management with one being as Banquet Manager
Preferred- 5 years experience in hotel food and beverage operations including large group banquets with at least 3 years in Management.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Knowledge of all facets of hotel Banquet, Dining, and Meeting operations as they apply to Chula Vista Resort is required. The ability to work with other people effectively is a staff position is important. Must have the ability to think creatively regarding the needs of the resort and solve problems or opportunities as they occur.
Sitting, standing for extended lengths of time.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers.
Must be able to do routine arithmetic calculations necessary for pricing, margins, and costs. Must have the ability to prepare budgets and interpret financial operating statements.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
- Competitive pay
• Variety Health Benefits
• 401K plan
• Employee discounts and Incentives
• Employee of the Month/Year
• Friendly work environment
• Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 65 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.