Aquatics Training Manager
The Aquatics Training Manager will develop aquatics personnel to create and promote a positive, lasting impression to all guests, and provide accurate information for guest queries while maintaining a friendly, relaxing atmosphere form arrival to the time of departure.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, administer, and monitor a training and developments program within the department to provide well-trained employees at all levels.
- Coordinates and maintains documentation for training programs that include but are not limited to: Lifeguard training, Lifeguard orientation, rides training, in-service, internal auditing, Supervisor training, Emergency Response training, and general safety training.
- Maintain training manuals, training kits, and training rosters.
- Organize class space, agendas, supplies, and documents for classes. Conducts classes as well.
- Clearly describes and assigns responsibility and authority for the operation of the department.
- Responsible for assisting management teams in their areas of focus as needed.
- Track audit reports for remediation and incentive program purposes, and execute guidelines within each program.
- Attend safety training programs and in-service education as required.
Required- High School Diploma
Preferred- College degree preferred
Required- Two years of Supervisor Experience in a related field
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Excellent people management skills including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management. CPO (Certified Pool Operator) preferable. American Red Cross Lifeguard instructor license preferred (required within 3 months of hire date). EMT or medical background in first aid, CPR, and AED.
*Position sometimes requires the ability to lift, push, and pull at least 50lbs. Requires physical stamina, and extended periods of time in and out of chlorinated water in various weather conditions and temperatures. Swim 50 yards in 4ft. water and retrieve a 10lb. brick at the bottom of water.
Sitting, standing for at least 8 hour shift or more.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers. Ability to climb 5
flights of stairs.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
- Competitive pay
- Variety Health Benefits
- 401K plan
- Employee discounts and incentives
- Employee of the Month *Year
- Friendly work environment
- Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 65 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.