** Flexible Availability Required
The Aquatics Supervisor will supervise all aquatics personnel to create and promote a positive, lasting first impression to all guests, and provide accurate information for guest queries while maintaining a friendly, relaxing atmosphere form arrival to the time of departure. An Aquatic Supervisor is accountable for first aid, rescues, emergency care, park cleanliness, and guest service at Chula Vista Resort.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure guest and employee safety with maintaining high standards of safety at a rescue-ready level at all times.
- Supervise lifeguard and slide attendants in aquatics facilities.
- Maintain compliance with all legal requirements, codes, cleanliness, and sanitation standards.
- Assist with various tasks including but not limited to grounds, tubes, line control, and taking out trash.
- Completion of all necessary paperwork including but not limited to daily staff reports, rotation sheets, first aid paperwork, lost children, etc…
- Create the highest guest satisfaction possible by insuring prompt, friendly, quality, and knowledgeable service when speaking and providing services to our guests.
- Mentor all aquatics associates to achieve their goals, and help them with any questions they may have. Be a positive role model.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company associates to foster and promote a positive working environment.
- Display a calm and attentive approach in solving problems and handling difficult situation, collecting information and sincerely helping to resolve them.
- Determine, communicate, and monitor personal and department achievements and performance standards on a daily basis.
Required- 1 to 2 years experience in related field
Preferred- Previous Supervisory and Lifeguard Experience
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
The ability to effectively and proficiently work with staff throughout the resort is important. Must be able to train and motivate others. A positive attitude as well as a polite personality is essential. The knowledge of training methods and procedures and the ability to implement them.
*Must be able to lift 20lbs. Requires physical stamina, and extended periods of time in and out of chlorinated water in various weather conditions and temperatures.
Sitting, standing for at least 8 hour shift or more.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
- Competitive pay
- Variety Health Benefits
- 401K plan
- Employee discounts and incentives
- Employee of the Month *Year
- Friendly work environment
- Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 65 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.