Aquatics Maintenance Technician
**This is a full time position and flexible availability preferred.
Empowered to provide a positive impression to guest at the property; giving the guests and clients of Chula Vista the highest level of satisfaction throughout their stay. The Aquatics Maintenance Technician will fulfill the related goals and objectives of the resort while displaying hospitality and professionalism at all times taking pride in representing Chula Vista Resort.
Essential Job Functions:
- Willingness to take the most effective role deemed necessary by supervisors or managers.
- Performing repairs and work orders while maintaining the operational effectiveness for the aquatic facilities.
- Maintaining compliance with all legal requirements, codes, cleanliness and sanitation standards.
- Safeguarding the confidentiality of guests, company and employee information.
- Taking all opinions and suggestions under advisement before making decisions of major proportion while assuming full responsibility of the decisions themselves.
- Maintaining a cooperative working relationship with guests and the entire staff.
- Ensuring that all standards will be consistent with the goals and objectives already established by the resort as a whole.
- Handling difficult situations tactfully.
- Consistently showing the ability to recognize and address priorities.
- Meeting deadlines for time-sensitive activities.
- Completing all obligations in a timely, efficient manner.
- Maintaining a well-groomed, professional appearance appropriate for the position and the situation.
Preferred- CPO (Certified Pool/Spa Operator – certification may be obtained through Chula Vista Resort
Preferred- one year in maintenance role
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Knowledge of all facets of resort including guest relations, as they apply to Chula Vista Resort, is required. The ability to work with other people effectively in a staff position is important. Must have the ability to think creatively regarding the needs of the resort and solve problems or seize opportunities as they occur. Must have the ability to clearly define objectives.
Helpful in this position are generalized or specialized skills, such as: carpentry, painting, drywall repair, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, pool and water quality maintenance, etc.
*Must be in good physical condition.
*Must be able to lift and carry at least 50lbs without restrictions.
Sitting, standing for an extended period of time, walking, bending, and kneeling.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, climbing stairs, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers.
Must be able to do routine math calculations.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
- Competitive pay
- Variety Health Benefits
- 401K plan
- Employee discounts
- Friendly work environment
- Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 65 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.