Aquatic Manager on Duty
This standard procedure establishes and describes the essential function, authority, duties and responsibilities, job requirements, and performance criteria of the aquatic Manager on Duty for Chula Vista Resort.
The basic function of the aquatic Manager on Duty is to oversee the overall operation of the aquatics department and all associated departments.
Directly Reports To: Aquatic Director
Direct Report(s): Aquatic supervisors, Lifeguards and slide attendants, Waterpark service supervisors, Waterpark service attendants, Waterpark front desk/arcade supervisors, Waterpark front desk/arcade attendants, First aid attendants
Indirect Report(s): Waterpark maintenance, Food and beverage staff, Arcade vendor (Toccata Gaming)
Responsibilities and Duties
The primary responsibilities and duties of this position consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Willingness to take the most effective role deemed necessary by director.
- Maintaining the operational effectiveness of the aquatic department, while delivering superior quality and service at all times.
- Working with your direct report and peripheral departments to develop and coordinate the training, hiring, and operational strategies for each area of your responsibility and to achieve each area’s stated goals and objectives.
- Maintaining compliance with all legal requirements, codes, cleanliness and sanitation standards.
- Safeguarding the confidentiality of customer, company and employee information.
- Taking all opinions and suggestions under advisement before making decisions of major proportion while assuming full responsibility of the decisions themselves.
- Maintaining a cooperative working relationship with guests and the entire staff.
- Ensuring that all standards will be consistent with the goals and objectives already established by the resort as a whole.
- Handling difficult situations tactfully.
- Demonstrating good judgment in investigating and solving problems.
- Consistently showing the ability to recognize and deal with priorities.
- Meeting deadlines for time-sensitive activities.
- Completing all obligations; do what has been committed upon.
- Ensuring that all personnel under your supervision are evaluated in accordance with established procedure.
- Maintaining a well-groomed, professional appearance appropriate for the position and the situation.
- Creating the highest customer satisfaction possible by:
- Ensuring you provide prompt, friendly, quality service
- Using proper language to guests and subordinates, both in person and over the radios.
- Having complete knowledge of the areas of your operation.
- Having a clean, sanitary, organized work station.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Bachelors Degree in Hospitality or a related field
Required: Two years of Management Experience in a related field
Preferred: Five years of Management Experience in a related field
Skills, knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge of all facets of hotel including guest relations, as they apply to Chula Vista Resort, is required. The ability to work with other people effectively in a staff position is important. Must have the ability to think creatively regarding the needs of the resort and solve problems or seize opportunities as they occur. Must have the ability to clearly define objectives.
Body Positions: Standing, walking, sitting for extended periods of time.
Body Movements: Walking, climbing stairs, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists and fingers.
Body Senses: Must have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Measurements of Performance
The person in this role will be deemed to be performing in an acceptable manner when the following have occurred:
- All duties and responsibilities are performed on time and in a satisfactory manner.
- Guests are treated in a prompt, friendly, and professional manner.
- Company standards for quality and services are maintained.
- Lines of communication with other functional positions in the company remain open.
- Duties are performed in an independent manner with minimal direction/supervision.
This position will centralize the operational strategies, plans, and policies for all subordinate operations.