International Work and Travel Program
Chula Vista Resort Work & Travel Program
Welcome to Chula Vista Resort in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin USA! We are excited that you will be living in Chula Vista Resort housing and working with us for the next few months. Since 1998 over 2000 International Students like you have participated with Chula Vista Resort in their Work & Travel Program.
As you can see by our website we are one of the premier waterpark resorts in the state of Wisconsin. Our property features:
- Indoor and outdoor waterparks
- Hotel, condominiums and villa accomodations
- 18-hole championship golf course
- Meeting and convention facilities
- Unique bars, restaurants and gift shops
We are located 3 miles north of the city of Wisconsin Dells on the bluffs overlooking the historic Wisconsin River.
Tourists have been vacationing in Wisconsin Dells for over 100 years enjoying the spectacular natural scenery on the Wisconsin River. Over the years, other tourist attractions have been constantly developing in this area to make Wisconsin Dells the most popular tourist attraction destination in the Midwest.
This page contains current information that will help prepare you for living and working at Chula Vista Resort and the Wisconsin Dells area. Please read and review the material carefully. We look forward to your arrival in Wisconsin Dells!
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS – MUST READ!
Students will be orientated within 2 to 3 days of their arrival and should be prepared to present the following paperwork:
- DS2019 Form
- Social Security Card (if you already have one)
Chula Vista Resort – General Information
Students are expected to pay the program fee of $250 upon arrival at Chula Vista Resort. $100 of the $250 program fee is a non-refundable administration fee.
Social Security Appointments are scheduled at our local Social Security office for all international students. Sign-ups are required during orientation and transportation to the office is provided free of charge.
Our employee break room provides an excellent variety of nutritious, tasty food items daily. Hours of operation are 11:00am – 2:00pm Monday – Sunday and cost is minimal.
Contact: Marianne Kissack, J1 Student Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Chula Vista Resort
2501 River Road
PO Box 30
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
608-254-8366 dial ext. 5457 (J1 extension) or dial “0″ for the operator.
Directions: Students will have to take the Amtrak Train or Greyhound Bus from any of the area airports (Madison, Milwaukee or Chicago) to the Wisconsin Dells. For directions from these locations, click here. Please call us just before you board the train or bus, give us your name and let the hotel operator know you are an international student and that you are on your way to Wisconsin Dells. Once you arrive in Wisconsin Dells, call Chula Vista Resort again and we will send a shuttle to pick you up at the bus or train station.
Weather: Wisconsin has four very distinct seasons (spring, summer, fall and winter). Students are expected to arrive prepared.
- Spring (March-June): Weather can be cool and rainy. Warm jackets and rain coats are necessary.
- Summer (June-September): Weather can be very hot and humid. Temperatures may reach as high as 100*F or 38*C.
- Fall (September-November): Weather is typically mild and sunny. The days are warm (65-75*F or 18-24*C), but the evenings and nights are cool and require a warm jacket.
- Winter (November-March): Weather is very cold, sometimes as low as -30*F or -34*C. Snowfall is expected and heavy winter coats, gloves, scarves, hats and boots are needed.
Chula Vista Resort – Housing Information
Chula Vista Resort housing is located on property and is a short one block walk from the main building. Housing charges are $85 per week and this amount is deducted from the paycheck at the rate of $170 as we are paid every two weeks. One unit, (dorm style), can accommodate 4 to 6 tenants and students should be prepared to room with other international students.
Students are responsible for their own personal property and are encouraged to leave valuables and personal mementos at home as space is limited in each room. Chula Vista Resort provides linens which include towels, sheets, blankets, pillows, mattress pads and bed spreads. Most units have their own kitchens including, range top, oven, microwave oven and apartment-sized refrigerator. The rooms are also supplied with dishes, utensils, pots and pans.
The housing complex also has its own laundromat and Wi-Fi access. It it highly recommended that you bring along a device with internet access such as a laptop, tablet or smartphone. Before you purchase a mobile phone please make sure that you will have strong service in the southcentral area of Wisconsin.
Chula Vista Resort is located 3 miles from the downtown area of Wisconsin Dells. In the downtown area you will find a bank, post office, grocery store, Western Union, library and medical facilities. We are located 6 miles from the nearest Wal-Mart and Tanger Outlet Mall.
- To help ensure your safety while getting around, please view the Wisconsin Dells biking and walking safety video.
- Please join the International Student Consortium Facebook Page to stay updated on events and activities.
Chula Vista Resort – Job Positions
- Housekeeping Services – Room Attendants / General Cleaners / Porters
- Food Services – Bussers / Wait Assistants / Concessions / Prep Cooks
- Waterpark – Front Desk Associates / Activities Assistants / Lifeguards / Park Services Attendants