**This is a full time year round position. Monday through Friday 8AM to 5PM, with approximately 5 times per year assist with special events.
The Group Sales Assistant will help create and promote a positive, lasting impression to all guests and clients while providing accurate information for all queries. The Group Sales Assistant is delegated sufficient authority to accomplish the tasks and duties to achieve the goals and objectives for the department and Chula Vista Resort.
Essential Job Functions:
• General office and clerical support to Group Sales Team
• Tabulate guestroom pickups
• Create group signage
• Create guestroom blocks
• Audit room lists
• Sending evaluations
• Developing weekly VIP list
• Assist with answering guest and client questions such as shipping and other business center needs.
• Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company associates to foster and promote a positive working environment.
• Display a calm and attentive approach in solving problems and handling difficult situation, collecting information and sincerely helping to resolve them.
• Determine, communicate, and monitor personal and department achievements and performance standards on a daily basis.
Required- High School Diploma
Required- Computer proficiency in working with a number of different software applications is essential including word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
Preferred- Delphi, Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, RDP Resort Property Software
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Must be a team player, customer service orientated, extremely organized, love details and have good time management skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to effectively and proficiently work with staff throughout the resort is important.
*Must be able to lift 20lbs.
Sitting, standing for at least 8 hour shift or more.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers.
Must be able to do routine math calculations.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
• Competitive pay
• Variety Health Benefits
• 401K plan
• Employee discounts
• Friendly work environment
• Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 50 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.